On today’s episode, Markham Hislop is back on The Global Energy Leaders Podcast for his monthly edition of Markham on Energy: Can Socialists and Big Oil Work Together?
Veteran energy journalist, reporting and writing about the energy industry in Canada and the United States. Markham’s niche in energy journalism is the Energy Transition – the 50-75 year transition from fossil fuels to clean energy technology that started 5-10 years ago (depending on where you place the goal posts). He’s done a lot of work on electric vehicle adoption and has a contrarian view to that commonly found in the energy press. He has also done a lot of work on Canadian and Alberta climate and energy policy, as well as Permian Basin news, American pipeline protests, new technologies, oil and gas politics, etc.
Links from the show:
- North American Energy News
- Beacon Energy News – Markham Hislop
- Article – Technology Renaissance, Transforming Oil Sands in SITU Production
- Article – Oil Sands Players Back Notley’s Energy/Climate Policies
Question of the Day:
- Do you think that the free market can tackle the issue of carbon emissions by itself, or do we need government regulation and oversight?
Contact the Show:
Until next time, keep climbing.