Ryan Ray visits w/ Ellen Wald as she returns to The Global Energy Leaders Podcast as they discuss if the shale revolution is over?
Ellen R. Wald, Ph.D., is a consultant on geopolitics and the global energy industry. She is the author of the upcoming book, Saudi, Inc., which presents the history of Saudi Arabia through the central figure of its oil company, Aramco. It will be released in 2018 (Pegasus Books) as Saudi Aramco prepares to launch its much-anticipated IPO. A frequent commentator on oil pricing, energy policy, alternative energies, OPEC, and political economy, Dr. Wald writes weekly columns for investing.com and Forbes. She is an adjunct professor of Middle East history and policy; has lectured and spoken across the U.S., U.K., and Middle East; and appeared on TV and radio on three continents. She earned her Ph.D. with a focus on business history and international relations at Boston University and an A.B. in history from Princeton University.
Links from the show:
- Forbes – Contributor Page
- Forbes – This is What The End of Shale Will Look Like – Article
- Investing.com – Contributor Page
- Amazon – Saudi Inc. – Ellen Wald
- WTI Oil Spot Price
- Continental Resources
Question of the Day:
- Do you think that Shale Oil companies in the US are in trouble? Can they actually survive in this low price environment?
Contact the Show:
Until next time, keep climbing.